Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Synecdoche, New York - Charlie Kaufman (2008)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Synecdoche, New York - Charlie Kaufman (2008) Empty
PostSubject: Synecdoche, New York - Charlie Kaufman (2008)   Synecdoche, New York - Charlie Kaufman (2008) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:24 pm

Synecdoche, New York
From Charlie Kaufman

Synecdoche, New York - Charlie Kaufman (2008) Synecdoche-new-york-poster

Synecdoche, New York - Charlie Kaufman (2008) Thimdbci6

Quote :
A theater director struggles with his work, and the women in his life, as he attempts to create a life-size replica of New York inside a warehouse as part of his new play

Seen yesterday in the cinema Smile
First movie directed by Charlie Kaufman. Charlie Kaufman is the writer of Being John Malkovich, Human Nature, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Adaptation. (which is also about him). With that said, you more or less know from start that it will be quite crazy, and well: IT IS Laughing
it is very difficult to summarize it cause it is really crazy and I'm not even sure I got everything right, it would probably require several viewing. But it is very good. The first half is quite understandable, with a few absurds things already but still you can follow, then everything goes Crescendo in the absurd. You are not really sure of the chronology, of who is who and who does what lol!
Although years seem to pass like seconds, time seem to have stopped for the main character, it creates this strange atmosphere. It is funny and in the same time tragic. A movie mainly about life, death and Loneliness among probably many other things cause it is full of metaphores and I probably saw only a few... Magnificient acting as well from Philip Seymour Hoffman (as usual!)
A complex and highly recomended madness Very Happy

Synecdoche, New York - Charlie Kaufman (2008) 10

Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
deathproof
Mighty Aphrodite
Mighty Aphrodite
deathproof

PostSubject: Re: Synecdoche, New York - Charlie Kaufman (2008)   Synecdoche, New York - Charlie Kaufman (2008) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:08 pm

this is movie is way beyond imagination and this is what i have to say about it:

Quote :
Freaked out i am,completely. I would have easily made up a hundred theories within the 2 hours. The way this film spirals around and loops itself to infinite times is something unimaginable and all the characters being one is simply superb. And the first plot i made for this film is that there is another Caden Cotard who is actually directing the play which is the movie itself and when i made that up i realized i had to make at least another 20 plots for this movie. I am literally trippin now without even a pinch of acid.The character Caden lives but doesn't live his/her life which turns out to be inside the theater which ultimately makes his/her life a recursive sequence which calls itself and turns to be the irony to elevate our imagination and participation in this poetic drama.

A Wonderful Cinematic Experience which will not be enjoyed by many,at least for now!

9 upon 10
Back to top Go down
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: Synecdoche, New York - Charlie Kaufman (2008)   Synecdoche, New York - Charlie Kaufman (2008) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:09 am

Glad you liked it Deathproof
I hope he will make more yess
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Synecdoche, New York - Charlie Kaufman (2008)   Synecdoche, New York - Charlie Kaufman (2008) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Synecdoche, New York - Charlie Kaufman (2008)
Page 1 of 1