Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

La grande bouffe - Marco Ferreri (1973)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

La grande bouffe - Marco Ferreri (1973) Empty
PostSubject: La grande bouffe - Marco Ferreri (1973)   La grande bouffe - Marco Ferreri (1973) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 5:34 pm

La grande bouffe
From Marco Ferreri

La grande bouffe - Marco Ferreri (1973) La-grande-bouffe1

La grande bouffe - Marco Ferreri (1973) Thimdbci6

Quote :
A group of men hire some prostitutes and go to a villa in the countryside. There, they engage in group sex and resolve to eat themselves to death

Probably one of the most famous French movie of all time, cult and very controversal at the time. It is nice to see it again, although some things are a bit dated today and it is also a bit long, it didn't lose its controversal point of view, in contrary, I think this movie is even more powerfull in today's world. A strong metaphoric farce about consumption society. It is part of the controversal French movie wave of the 70's together with Themroc and Les valseuses
It's about a group of men who decide to isolate themself in a house and eat themselves to death (as well as living their last days of decadance behaviour and sex)
It is really funny but to be watched with an open mind Wink
I wouldn't be surprised if the movie A Hole in My Heart from Lukas Moodysson got inspired by it

note8

La grande bouffe - Marco Ferreri (1973) La_grande_bouffe_2

La grande bouffe - Marco Ferreri (1973) 60lagrandehead

Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114

La grande bouffe - Marco Ferreri (1973)
Page 1 of 1