Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test (2009?)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test (2009?) Empty
PostSubject: The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test (2009?)   The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test (2009?) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 5:08 pm

Yeahhh, ever since I read the book from Tom Wolfe, I always wondered who will finally dare to adapt this on screen

And finally, it will happen

The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test will apparently be directed by Gus Van Sant

bounce

Quote :
The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test is a work of literary journalism written by Tom Wolfe early in his career in 1968. Using techniques from the genre of hysterical realism and pioneering new journalism, he tells the story of Ken Kesey (writter of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest) and his band of Merry Pranksters as they drive across the country in a DayGlo painted school bus dubbed "Furthur," reaching what they considered to be personal and collective revelations through the use of LSD and other psychedelic drugs. It covers their cross country road trip, as well as the Acid Tests, early performances by The Grateful Dead, and Kesey's exile to Mexico. Wolfe is primarily concerned not with narrative, but with relating the Pranksters' intellectual and quasi-religious experiences.

The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test (2009?) Koolaid
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
terminaal
Dancer in the Dark
Dancer in the Dark

The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test (2009?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test (2009?)   The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test (2009?) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 2:11 pm

This is gonna be a tricky one , I think its either gonna be great or its gonna suck big-time, I think its a really hard novel to film, because for me personnaly I had my personal characteristics on certain people in the story, and I'm afraid Van Sant wont be able to make them as they were in my head, in my opinion a really good novel can't be put in a 2 hours film adaptation or at least it won't have the magic the book had, because for me a good novel is a 3 days long film in my head... but I guess this is just personal, and I'm defenitly looking forward to this one !
Back to top Go down

The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test (2009?)
Page 1 of 1