Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gold Rush - Charlie Chaplin (1925)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kryll
Bernie
Bernie
Kryll

The Gold Rush - Charlie Chaplin (1925) Empty
PostSubject: The Gold Rush - Charlie Chaplin (1925)   The Gold Rush - Charlie Chaplin (1925) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:59 pm

well.. just saw this one, and thought it deserved a review

i really like everything i saw of CC so far

The Gold Rush (imdb)
The Gold Rush - Charlie Chaplin (1925) Mv5bnju0mzg1odg0ml5bml5ys5

Quote :
It is in the middle of the Gold Rush. A Lone Prospector (Charlie Chaplin) searches the tundra for gold. But he finds more than gold; He finds love, and an uproarious adventure that forever change the lives of the people he meets

Quote :
Possibly Chaplin's best film, certainly one of the greatest comedies of all time!

To see Charlie Chaplin's The Gold Rush is to know enjoyment. One cannot help but enjoy a film as well-done as this! Chaplin said that this was the film for which he wanted to be remembered, and I can see why. It is a masterful blend of comedy, drama, and romance, among other genres seamlessly brought together in one extraordinary picture. Like all great movies, The Gold Rush has more than its share of memorable moments, from the Thanksgiving dinner to the dance of the dinner rolls to the cabin teetering on the edge of the mountain. All of these scenes are brilliant because of The Tramp's flawless physical comedy. He was a master of comedic timing, and he was one of the most graceful physical comedians I've ever seen. Don't get me wrong, this picture is not just three fantastic scenes amongst filler. The film moves along at a brisk pace, following the misadventures of our hero, The Lone Prospector (Charlie Chaplin, of course), as he attempts to hit it big by discovering gold in Alaska. Along his journey through the elements, the prospector meets the notorious Black Larsen (Tom Murray), a wanted criminal willing to do anything to get his hands on some gold. Fortunately, our friend also comes across a fellow prospector, Big Jim McKay (Mack Swain), who has finally defied all odds and struck it rich. But the Lone Prospector's adventures take place not only out in the middle of nowhere. When he is forced back to civilization, he falls in love with Georgia (Georgia Hale), the most beautiful girl in town. Of course, it would be all too easy if no one else was interested in this beauty. Jack Cameron (Malcolm Waite), the handsome lady's man who is not content with every other woman in town by his side; he must have Georgia, as well. Competition arises between the disappointed prospector and the ego-maniacal "lady killer." All of this would be too much for any one of us, but the Lone Prospector handles it all with his uncompromising resilience in the face of insurmountable odds to bring us one of the greatest comedies of all time! I will not lie, I am a fan of Charlie Chaplin's movies, but as objective as I can possibly be, this IS one of the great movies...Essential viewing!

The Gold Rush - Charlie Chaplin (1925) 1535408327_553e8434f5
The Gold Rush - Charlie Chaplin (1925) Gold_rush_1925_4

The Gold Rush - Charlie Chaplin (1925) Gold
Back to top Go down
http://users.telenet.be/kryll
osamaramzi
Absolute Beginner
Absolute Beginner

The Gold Rush - Charlie Chaplin (1925) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gold Rush - Charlie Chaplin (1925)   The Gold Rush - Charlie Chaplin (1925) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 1:13 pm

let me seeeeeeeeeeee Smile
Back to top Go down

The Gold Rush - Charlie Chaplin (1925)
Page 1 of 1