Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Fall - Tarsem Singh (2008)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
deathproof
Mighty Aphrodite
Mighty Aphrodite
deathproof

The Fall - Tarsem Singh (2008) Empty
PostSubject: The Fall - Tarsem Singh (2008)   The Fall - Tarsem Singh (2008) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 5:48 pm

The Fall - Tarsem Singh (2008) TheFallPoster

A visually stunning masterpiece is fashioned by Tarsem Singh in his second attempt as a feature film director which is produced by David Fincher and Spike Jonze.The visuals kept repeating inside my eyes as if someone is projecting them.I really din't believe(and i still don't believe) Tarsem saying that CG was not used even in a single shot.

The story is a simple yet complex one where an injured actor in the verge of committing suicide tells an epic story to a fellow patient who is a small girl a story and tricking her into getting him the tabs for him to commit suicide.The tale is about 5 men set out to kill Odius the bad guy as all 5 have a reason to avenge.And this story moves the child and the actor himself so that it bonds them both and changes how they look at life and each other.

The film moves paralleled wit the hospital which is the real world and the wide wide desert in which Odius is sought and this part is the imagination of the little girl which is made to look so surreal and colorful.The colors used in every scene emancipates so much energy into the film.The story slowly turns into the actor's own story where his love is encapsulated with his rage to kill the guy who stole his girl.

Each character in the film is well defined and has a purpose even the nurse Evelyn who the girl imagines to be the lead in her story but ends up sleeping with the doctor.The movie shows so many meanings to every thing we do and we go in search of in life and shows how life can be unfair.

Everything is so good in the movie but then imaginations and the way the actor's story is told is quite all proper rather than being more fragile and less succinct.But i was completely taken aback after watching this piece of pure art which is said to be shot in 18 different countries and for 4 years(apprx).

So much style and panache in a movie and with a solid story filled with diverse characters and emotions has never been made before without being crude and shrewd.I loved it for its childishness and the film itself being a pure one.

Ultimately a winner and the world will be watching Tarsem for his next one as this one will blow minds once it starts grabbing some awards it should actually and i believe it will.And i am highly recommending this movie to all.To me it was really a lil' blessing in disguise.

9 upon 10

A Shot in the Film : The Fall

The Fall - Tarsem Singh (2008) Fall-tarsem-poster-1
Back to top Go down
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: The Fall - Tarsem Singh (2008)   The Fall - Tarsem Singh (2008) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:08 pm

wouaaa this looks amazing, thanks for the tip
I'm gona look for this one (right away yess )
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: The Fall - Tarsem Singh (2008)   The Fall - Tarsem Singh (2008) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:12 am

Review of the week Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: The Fall - Tarsem Singh (2008)   The Fall - Tarsem Singh (2008) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 1:12 am

watched it tonight and yes, it is very good yess
It is beautifull from beginning till end, really love that the story he tells is never totally far from their reality with a lot of little details. Trully one of the kind.

But I wont give it more than note7 for 2 reasons:

1. The main thematic music. This is very personal of course but I rattach this music way too much to the movie Irréversible, i find it difficult to watch another movie with this music now. It would be a bit the same for me as if they played the Requiem for a dream music for instance. It would have been nice if they had an original soundtrack...

2. There are a lot of similarities with Baraka, at least 2 scenes which are exactly the same. And there are maybe more but at least these 2 are totally ripped. I dont know if it is an hommage or not, but it is certainly too much of a coincidence. If you haven't seen Baraka, watch it, you will see what I mean right away (it is a magnificient piece of work btw) so I dont know what to really think about this choice the director made....

For the rest, I really loved it yess
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fall - Tarsem Singh (2008)   The Fall - Tarsem Singh (2008) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Fall - Tarsem Singh (2008)
Page 1 of 1