Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Mist - Frank Darabont (2007)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

The Mist - Frank Darabont (2007) Empty
PostSubject: The Mist - Frank Darabont (2007)   The Mist - Frank Darabont (2007) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:41 am

The Mist
From Frank Darabont

The Mist - Frank Darabont (2007) The_mist_poster

The Mist - Frank Darabont (2007) Thimdbci6

This summary Contains spoilers Wink

After a violent storm attacks a town in Maine, an approaching cloud of mist appears the next morning. As the mist quickly envelops the area, a group of people get trapped in a local grocery store -among them, artist David Drayton and his five-year-old son. The people soon discover that within the mist lives numerous species of horrific, unworldly creatures that entered through an inter-dimensional rift, which may or may not have been caused by a nearby military base. As the world around them manifests into a literal hell-on-earth, the horrified citizens try desperately to survive this apocalyptic disaster

Ok, what to say? At first I thought it would be another cliche blockbuster. But then by reading a bit about it, I saw that it was the same director as The Shawshank Redemption and also written by Stephen King. Another King adaptation you may say, well yes, but first of all I generally like his stories and then The Shawshank Redemption was quite a good one too. The critics of the Mist were not so bad for the genre so i thought I would give it a try.
Let's be clear to start with, it contains all the cliches of the genre: a group of people trapped in a supermarket. Something bad is going on out there and we dont know what the hell it is (yet!) But then, I thought it actually turned out very good. The creatures are nicelly done, the thing with the extremist christian woman is nice, the all idea behind the story is great and the end is very good and unexpected.
It is not a masterpiece but a good surprise, especially for this type of movie yess

The Mist - Frank Darabont (2007) 10

Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
deathproof
Mighty Aphrodite
Mighty Aphrodite
deathproof

The Mist - Frank Darabont (2007) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mist - Frank Darabont (2007)   The Mist - Frank Darabont (2007) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 4:56 pm

it had to have something different from the other movies of the same genre as it is coming from "King" & "Darabont" but what i felt was that there were too many things crammed inside this movie (actually i don't rmbr it that well) but then it was quite a time pass!
Back to top Go down

The Mist - Frank Darabont (2007)
Page 1 of 1