Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Miller's Crossing - Coen brothers (1990)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Miller's Crossing - Coen brothers (1990) Empty
PostSubject: Miller's Crossing - Coen brothers (1990)   Miller's Crossing - Coen brothers (1990) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:45 am

Miller's Crossing
From the Coen brothers

Miller's Crossing - Coen brothers (1990) 186572~Miller-s-Crossing-Posters

Miller's Crossing - Coen brothers (1990) Thimdbci6

Quote :
A highly styled 'genre' film which can perhaps be seen as a pastiche of all gangster movies. Tom Reagan is the laconic anti-hero of this amoral tale which is also, paradoxically, a look at morals within the criminal underworld of the 1930s. Two rival gangs vie for control of a city where the police are pawns, and the periodic busts of illicit drinking establishments are no more than a way for one gang to get back at the other. Black humour and shocking violence compete for screen time as we question whether or not Tom, right-hand man of the Irish mob leader, really has a heart

Another great Coen Brothers movie yess A bit difficult to understand at first mainly due to the accent, I had to put french subtitles which rarelly happens to me, and a bit complicated at first with all the names, you have to get used to the characters, but I often have this problem with such movies. For the rest, each scene is a pure genius, the situation are so good, typical Coen Brothers: so much fun to watch! The acting is brilliant and so is the cinematography. And the little dark humour touches make this movie even more enjoyable!

note8

Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114

Miller's Crossing - Coen brothers (1990)
Page 1 of 1