Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

[Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007) Empty
PostSubject: [Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007)   [Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:53 pm

Encounters at the End of the World
From Werner Herzog

[Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007) Encounters_at_the_end_of_the_world

[Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007) Thimdbci6

Quote :
Filmmaker Werner Herzog travels to Antarctica to capture its landscape's rarely seen beauty on film. Werner Herzog takes his camera to Antarctica where we meet the odd men and women who have dedicated their lives to furthering the cause of science in treacherous conditions. A scientist studies neutrinos, which are everywhere, yet elusive; he likens them to spirits. A researcher's nighttime performance art includes contorting her body into a luggage bag. A survival guide teaches his students to survive white-out conditions by wearing cartoon-face buckets over their heads. Animal researchers milk mother seals as part of their study. Volcanologists offer advice on what to do when a volcano erupts. A pipefitter shows us the anomaly in his hands that he says are a sign he descended from Atzec royalty. A former Colorado banker drives what he has christened Ivan the Terra Bus. An underwater diver shows his colleagues DVDs of apocalyptic sci-fi films like Them! (1954). And -- though Herzog declares he's not "making another film about penguins" -- we meet a penguin researcher who answers the filmmaker's questions about homosexuality and insanity in his subjects. We also meet an individualist penguin, who breaks away from the other birds to run toward the mountains, facing certain death.

Very good documentary yess And this is all you can expect from Werner Herzog! A mix between sciences, nature and environment. At the beginning, Werner Herzog gives the tone: "I'm not gona make another film about penguins". He goes from scientist to scientist, it is very interesting, some of the footage are gorgeous (especially the under water parts). His approach is original and with always interesting views. For instance, he actually does meet one of the scientist who is dealing with penguins and the first thing he asks is if there are gays among penguins and if insanity exists among them ha ha ha. It has also a lot of philosophy in it and a lot of touching moments! Really different and great! A must see!

note8

Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
labrat
Devil’s Advocate
Devil’s Advocate
labrat

PostSubject: Re: [Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007)   [Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: [Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007)   [Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:28 pm

well.... You dont know, I might like this one.... Very Happy
I liked everything I have seen from him so far so I might.... + it looks weird and Like weird movies... Wait and see
Razz
Back to top Go down
labrat
Devil’s Advocate
Devil’s Advocate
labrat

PostSubject: Re: [Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007)   [Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:48 pm

Chrisy wrote:
well.... You dont know, I might like this one.... Very Happy
I liked everything I have seen from him so far so I might.... + it looks weird and Like weird movies... Wait and see
Razz

saw it end december... it IS weird, but has no real story and it features only midgets!!!

definately worth a watch, I think you'll probably like it (in a 6/10 way! Razz) but it is quite something else as Herzog's documentaries...
Back to top Go down
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: [Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007)   [Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:52 pm

O yes, but I also liked other movies from him, other than documentaries I mean
Like Aguirre, Wrath of God or The Wild Blue Yonder both very good movies yess
But they do have a story line that's true Smile
He also made other things like a remake of Nosferatu: Herzog Nosferatu. I have it on DVD but didn't watch it yet
Back to top Go down
labrat
Devil’s Advocate
Devil’s Advocate
labrat

PostSubject: Re: [Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007)   [Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:56 pm

Chrisy wrote:
He also made other things like a remake of Nosferatu: Herzog Nosferatu. I have it on DVD but didn't watch it yet

hey now, THAT sounds interresting! must look for that one... allthough I fear the original Nosferatu is untopable!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: [Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007)   [Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:45 am

I have them both but didn't see them...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007)   [Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Doc] Encounters at the End of the World - Werner Herzog (2007)
Page 1 of 1