Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slumdog Millionaire (2008)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
deathproof
Mighty Aphrodite
Mighty Aphrodite
deathproof

Slumdog Millionaire (2008) Empty
PostSubject: Slumdog Millionaire (2008)   Slumdog Millionaire (2008) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Slumdog Millionaire (2008) Slumdog_millionaire

Jus saw it, got released here today! After the long wait and pushing the temptations of downloading the screener for weeks i saw the movie today.

This movie has to be seen as it is because Danny Boyle isn't a complete retard to make this movie in this style if he had wanted to make it look serious, but all he wanted to show was the way "Bollywood" is at the moment and this movie is a celebration of Indian Commercial Cinema which was made just for the sake of entertainment and i dint see a single frame where he wanted appreciation for art.All those people who are saying that the film is no where to be real or interesting are refusing to enjoy something that is new to them and for those who are familiar with Bollywood, it may be to show off that they like only artistic and realistic movies or may be they are embarrassed that DB has exposed their guilty pleasure genre to rest of the world.

Please understand this,Indian commercial cinema is similar to this movie but nowhere close to its style and elegance(Yes i did say that and it is much more worse) and our lives are filled with cinema music i.e OSTs.We don't have artists who just make albums,we don't get music from them,our music is through cinema and those who make albums don't even make 2% of what a movie soundtrack would make.If you are an Indian you will understand what i am saying and i double dare the others to come to an Indian Multiplex and show me 2 movies that get released without a Dance number in a whole freaking month.And this is the reason for the last masala filled "Jai Ho!".

I was born and brought up in a city very similar to that of Mumbai(the one where the movie is filmed) but not as bad,so i know what really happens in these slums and we do have people working for us who face and experience those things that are showcased in the movie and believe it or not things much worse happen everyday in these slums.

I don't give a rat's ass about a movie's plot so it dint bother me at all so i totally got entertained and about the dialogs, in the very few scenes where slummies talked in English then itself i knew i shouldn't concentrate on the dialogs if i wanted to enjoy the movie.And the performance of leads was the biggest disaster,the kids who come in the beginning are simply superb actually bloody brilliant but the leads kill the play in the last one hour or so.Actors such as Irfan Khan, Anil Kapoor and Saurabh Shukla who are well known in "Bollywood" have done their jobs well but the leads have completely spoiled it.A.R.rahman's Background score is simply superb and as i have been listening to the album since its release i could recognize and name each and every soundtrack in the cinema which made heads turn and i read lips saying "Show Off" Wink but its all worth it as i got to praise the legendary A.R.Rahman(i am not exaggerating but he has been a real trendsetter since 1992).

Slumdog Millionaire (2008) A.r.rahman

So now i have told you that the plot isn't that good,performances are bad,dialogs are dull,but at the end of the day i watched a completely entertaining movie and you now what, this is how a true Bollywood Blockbuster is made of and now if only this movie had been a bit more lamer it could have broken all box office records here.

Slumdog Millionaire (2008) Slumdog460

This movie is not for those movie goers who want to watch intense emotions and mind tweaking scripts but for those who accept a movie as it is and enjoy anything which has something in it,this movie is surely not a dumb movie but just lacks a soul and depth and these two could be kept aside for 120mins for you to enjoy some Spicy Desi Cuisine for a change.

Recommended.

8 upon 10
Back to top Go down
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: Slumdog Millionaire (2008)   Slumdog Millionaire (2008) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:49 pm

Thanks a lot deathproof for this very interesting review yess
I was curious of your opinion on it since this is about your country Smile

I have been very tempted to download it too I must say but I have decided that I will not (although this is torture Mad ) and will wait for its release in the cinema the 12th of February here in Holland Smile

I think the reviews I have seen all say similar things as you said: that it is pure entertainment despite lack of maybe deeper emotions....
I will see, with that in mind, there is less chance of being desapointed. And I like Danny Boyle yess
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
deathproof
Mighty Aphrodite
Mighty Aphrodite
deathproof

PostSubject: Re: Slumdog Millionaire (2008)   Slumdog Millionaire (2008) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Thanks chrisy and do wait to see this in cinema because you won't enjoy the cinematography and back ground score unless you have a Home Theater and atleast a DVDRip!
Back to top Go down
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: Slumdog Millionaire (2008)   Slumdog Millionaire (2008) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 4:05 pm

Review of the week
Back to top Go down
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: Slumdog Millionaire (2008)   Slumdog Millionaire (2008) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:00 pm

We're going to see it this weekend clapp
Back to top Go down
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: Slumdog Millionaire (2008)   Slumdog Millionaire (2008) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:09 pm

Arghhh it is totally booked pale
I guess we will have to wait more Mad
Back to top Go down
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: Slumdog Millionaire (2008)   Slumdog Millionaire (2008) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 7:13 pm

Ok finally we went to see it last night in the cinema

And.....

I loved it clapp
It's really great! I can't agree more: this is one that should be seen in the cinema, no doubt, I'm not certain that the effect would be the same on a small screen
But really loved the story, the rythme... very entertaining
The only thing I didn't like too much is when the director had to show us at the end again the scenes that we've already seen. I generally really hate when a director does that.
For the rest, it's all good, not sure it deserves 8 oscars but it is really sweet and for sure a must see yess

note8
Back to top Go down
leapyear29
Ben X
Ben X
leapyear29

PostSubject: Re: Slumdog Millionaire (2008)   Slumdog Millionaire (2008) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 4:32 pm

wonderful film with superb photography and performances in a lush, stirring and bold film from Danny Boyle..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slumdog Millionaire (2008)   Slumdog Millionaire (2008) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
Page 1 of 1