Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Am Legend - Francis Lawrence (2007)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zeehond
Edward Penishands
Edward Penishands
zeehond

I Am Legend - Francis Lawrence (2007) Empty
PostSubject: I Am Legend - Francis Lawrence (2007)   I Am Legend - Francis Lawrence (2007) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:14 am

I Am Legend - Francis Lawrence (2007) I-am-legend-bigposter

Ok, so I post this in this section 'cause of the vampire like creatures, but it's also a sci-fi and a drama. But don't let this fool you, it's actually a piece of crap. Ok, I'm a bit harsh but I didn't really like it.
The story itself is pretty well written, but then again it came from a best selling book way back in the day.
Will Smith's preformance is good enough. the special effect however are great.
The film just didn't get me off, it didn't suck me in to the story. All the time I was waiting for the Bell-Air theme tune to kick in, but maybe that's just me.

*SPOILERS*

The movie starts out with a bit of background information about events in the past. Will is a general, and the army cooked up some horrible formula to kill cancer, but the cure had unforseen side effects. It turned people in to blood crazed vampire undead people-like super human night dwellers. Tough luck I guess. Will Smith is the last man alive, in New York, which is deserted (no shit sherlock) and lions, dears and other zoo animals roam the streets. But this doesn't stop our big hero Will from working on a cure to reverse the infection!
The solitude has taken Will beyond crazy and out the other side, he's totally banana's! Talking to mannequin dolls in shops (which he placed there himself) and having weird fun with his dog (who dies by the way, poor Will I hear you say, but no, he kills him 'cause the dog turns vampire).
Of course he is not the last man alive in the world. After his dog died he tried to commit suicide by getting eaten, and he is saved by some girl. After this the movie gets all religious, a real downer. Anyway, he found a cure for the virus and then all hell breaks loose and he kills himself (after telling her God did send her to him etc) to save the girl, the boy (ow yeah, the girl found a boy somewhere) and the cure.
After that he takes a grenade and kills himself taking 20 or so vampires with him. The girl and the little boy head over to Canada where it's too cold for the virus and get the cure to safety. The end.

*/SPOILERS*

It's hard to say if I would recommend this movie. The movie starts out fine, Will plays totally bonkers like it's a normal Tuesday, but the religious stuff just ruined it for me. The Jihad ending as well. Thanks to the internet I just found the alternate ending!
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/184699.html
Would have made a much better movie on the whole with this ending, but I'm not a director.

Still, if you'd ask me if it is one to watch, I'd say yes, but don't expect to be satisfied.
Back to top Go down

I Am Legend - Francis Lawrence (2007)
Page 1 of 1