Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tuvalu - Veit Helmer (1999)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Tuvalu - Veit Helmer (1999) Empty
PostSubject: Tuvalu - Veit Helmer (1999)   Tuvalu - Veit Helmer (1999) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:53 am

Although IMDB does not classify this movie in Fantasy, I think it should be there. The atmosphere and the world you enter in this movie is fantasy in my opinion

This is not part of my all time favorites but not far behind Happy2

It is not very much known and think it is a shame cause it is a very beautifull movie

Tuvalu
From Veit Helmer

IMDB

Tuvalu - Veit Helmer (1999) Tuvalu-1

Quote :
In a desolate and colorless landscape stands a dilapidated bathhouse run by a puffed-up blind man, his long-suffering wife, and their son Anton, who does all the work. He's lonely and unsophisticated, and he falls in love with the beautiful Eva, who comes to bathe with her father. When Eva and her father lose their home, they come to the bathhouse to stay, but bits of the ceiling fall on the old man and he dies. Eva blames Anton, and she seems to seek the arms of the brute Gregor. Can Anton win back her heart, get the bathhouse through a rigorous government inspection, and help keep his parents employed? Waiting out there somewhere is the paradise isle of Tuvalu
Tuvalu - Veit Helmer (1999) Tuvalu2

The particularity of this movie is that there are almost no dialogues, the atmosphere can be compared a bit with the City of the lost children. It's strange and beautifull
One to discover

note8

Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114

Tuvalu - Veit Helmer (1999)
Page 1 of 1