Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Super Badass - Charles E. Cullen 2003

Go down 
AuthorMessage
labrat
Devil’s Advocate
Devil’s Advocate
labrat

Super Badass - Charles E. Cullen 2003 Empty
PostSubject: Super Badass - Charles E. Cullen 2003   Super Badass - Charles E. Cullen 2003 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:19 am

SUPER BADASS - from farmer to bountyhunter...

Super Badass - Charles E. Cullen 2003 SuperBadass Super Badass - Charles E. Cullen 2003 Superbadass1 Super Badass - Charles E. Cullen 2003 Sba_poster-228x340

This is a small, underground, low budget, strange thriller/horror/comedy filled with violence!!!

a guy called "Super Badass" leaves his dad and the farm to become a bountyhunter in the big city! Before leaving, his dad tells him that death would be riding behind him if he leaves the farm... and indeed, the personification of death rides behind Super Badass!!! In the big city the mayor gives him all kinds of over-the-top criminals to fight, like "the boogieman", "Bucko the Clown" and "lightbulb"... in the mean time, Super Badass makes and uses all kinds of extreme drugmixtures, tries to protect his indian sister hillbillystyle and makes a documentary of city pigeons!!! Razz

what to tell about this hilarious piece of work? First of all... the acting is deliberatly over the top, and it works!!! Very Happy as are the gory effects! mostly children die in this film... the scene where Bucko the Clown slaughters every kid at a birthdayparty is funny as hell!! Laughing the film is also made with a teeny weeny small or no budget at all, but Cullen's creativity makes up for that big time!

You do need a special kind of humor to enjoy this piece of work... I'll give an example!

in one particular scene, Super Badass throws Lightbulb of a 2 story building... after Lightbulb makes a really unprecedented in film history and truly, TRULY hilarious fall of 45 seconds (YOU NEED TO SEE THIS HISTORIC FALL!!! Razz ), Super Badass calls the Mayor to inform him about his success... "I just threw Lightbulb of the courtbuilding! I think he was up here planning to grow marihuana! In fact, I'm sure about it... I saw a seed flying out of his pocket when he hit the asphalt!" Laughing

elaborate review from http://www.lunarhypnosis.com/superbadassreview.htm

Quote :
Super Badass
Sub Rosa Studios - 2003
Country of Origin: USA
Language(s): English
Running Time: 74 min
Extras: Director's commentary, Director's intro, Preview trailers, Catalog, Music tracks.

Super Badass is the work of one seriously under-rated genius named Charles E. Cullen. The main character, Super Badass, might be known in another world as "General Brandon Robert E. Lee". Super Badass is part "Crow", part drug addict, Dr. Frank N. Furter with a shotgun, country boy, documentary film maker, and all around sensitive guy. Charles E. Cullen, amazingly enough, stars and directs.

The movie is full of everything I love. Motorcycles, big trucks, death imagery, lots of really cheesy beautiful fake blood and shoot 'em up scenes, massive amounts of humor, big guns, cool shots, and an artistic eye unlike any I've seen in a long while. There's nothing pretentious about this art. This isn't the work of some "downtown chicken", (Mr. Biram, are ya lis'nin?) this is down home real good fun.

There are killer clowns, a Boogie Man, a really cool puppet, lots of laudanum, (and vials of about every single drug known to horse and humankind.) Scene after scene is consistently beautiful; products not of a big budget and computers, but of careful planning and attention to detail. You can almost smell the blood, sweat, puke and tears that went into making this. It veritably oozes the love and care that went into making it, and the finished product is truly a glory to behold.

if you are a fan of good old B-movie horror, and love a film that is as beautiful with the sound off as it is with the sound on, check out the work of Charles E. Cullen and most especially, Super Badass. Some people don't like Director's commentary with a film, but this one is great. Never boring or self-aggrandizing, just an honest and humorous explanation of what went into making the film, the thinking behind some of the scenes, and a wonderful addition to an already extremely pleasurable DVD.

Please do yourself a favor and get a copy of this film. I'm positive you'll be hooked.

charles E. Cullen as Super Badass!

Super Badass - Charles E. Cullen 2003 Superbadass2

the website http://www.cullenstudios.net/
C.E. Cullen's MySpace http://www.myspace.com/charlescullen

a great little piece of underground cinema... worthy of 8/10!!! top ]
Back to top Go down

Super Badass - Charles E. Cullen 2003
Page 1 of 1