Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Visions of Europe (2004)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Visions of Europe (2004) Empty
PostSubject: Visions of Europe (2004)   Visions of Europe (2004) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:03 pm

Visions of Europe

IMDB

Quote :
Take this list:

Faith Akin, Barbara Albert, Sharunas Bartas, Andy Bausch, Christoffer Boe, Francesca Comencini, Stijn Coninx, Tony Gatlif, Sasa Gedeon, Christos Georgiou, Constantine Giannaris, Peter Greenaway, Miguel Hermosa, Arvo Iho, Aki Kaurismaki, Damjan Kozole, Laila Pakalnina, Kenneth Scicluna, Martin Sulik, Malgosia Szumowska, Béla Tarr, Jan Troell, Theo Van Gogh, Teresa Villaverde, Aisling Walsh

These are 25 of the brightest (but not necessarily most successful - but pretty successful) directors of the European Union's 25 member states. They each created a 5-minute "Vision of Europe". The approaches are surprisingly similar: they show either bureaucrats, "very ordinary" citizens, children, or refugees. So, this is Europe? OK, the quality of 25 short features gathered by political means may necessarily be uneven. But there are definitely some gems: my first price for beauty goes to Bela Tarr (Hungary), the one for humor to Andy Bausch (Luxembourg), and the one for biting realism to Barbara Albert (Austria).

Mouha, some of these shorts are ok, some are really boring. Could have been much better
Nothing really special
Out of the 25, I liked maybe 5 of them...
But well, some are just not bad, just nothing spectaculaire

note6 (just because I'm in a good mood)

Visions of Europe (2004) Visionsofeuropezm3jf5
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114

Visions of Europe (2004)
Page 1 of 1