Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paperhouse - Bernard Rose (1988)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Paperhouse - Bernard Rose (1988) Empty
PostSubject: Paperhouse - Bernard Rose (1988)   Paperhouse - Bernard Rose (1988) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:06 am

Paperhouse
From Bernard Rose

IMDB

Quote :
Anna is becoming lost in the loneliness of her own world when she discovers she can visit another, a house she has drawn herself and occupied by a young disabled boy. But as she discovers more of the links between her fantasy world and the mundane present, she is drawn only deeper into a dream turning into a nightmare

Kind of fantasy/drama movie, a dark fairytell with a little horror touch (although I wouldn't call it horror).
i'm torn between one side of me who really liked it and the other one who thinks it's garbage albino
Ok let's say there are some good but unfortunately (and that's a real shame) some bad things in this movie.

Let's detail this a bit Smile

+
- Quite an Absorbing movie, it's intriguing and you want to know more
- Visually really beautifull especially for a 80's movie.
- Poetic and imaginative for the time
- Dark atmosphere

-
- Wayyyyyyyyyy too mellow. No seriously, let me say this again!!!! WAYYYYY too melow!!! What a turn off. Not all movie is like this but all the last part, and that I really didn't like, real shame!!!
- Way too 80's!!! Not always bad, but here it is!
- Imaginative "for the time" but not for today Razz

But overall, I couldn't stop thinking that I would have been totally in love with it as a child, although it is a bit weird cause I dont think this was made for kids anyway Razz
But well, considering that this is from the 80's, it is not too bad, some moments I really didn't like, some others I really loved. Overall it is worth the look yess

Paperhouse - Bernard Rose (1988) 10

Paperhouse - Bernard Rose (1988) 200px-Paperhouse

Trailers

Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
labrat
Devil’s Advocate
Devil’s Advocate
labrat

Paperhouse - Bernard Rose (1988) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paperhouse - Bernard Rose (1988)   Paperhouse - Bernard Rose (1988) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 8:39 am

I vaguely remember having seen this eighteen years ago or something... geek
Back to top Go down

Paperhouse - Bernard Rose (1988)
Page 1 of 1