Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Doc] You're gonna miss me

Go down 
AuthorMessage
terminaal
Dancer in the Dark
Dancer in the Dark

[Doc] You're gonna miss me Empty
PostSubject: [Doc] You're gonna miss me   [Doc] You're gonna miss me Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 4:34 pm

You're Gonna Miss Me: Documentary about rock n roll pioneer Roger Kynard "Roky" Erickson, whose band the 13th Floor Elevators coined the term "psychedelic rock" in the 60's. Struggling with drug abuse and schizophrenia, he spent 3 years in Rusk State Hospital after pleading insanity on marijuana charges. His new band, Roky Erickson and the Aliens managed to stay vital during the 70's with a darker and more aggressive rock sound. After losing interest in music, he became a recluse, living in poverty and filth. The movie details the rise and fall of Roky Erickson and his brothers struggle to get Rokys life back on track.

The documentary was nominated for a 2007 Independent Spirit Award for Best Documentary.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0791268/

Probably the most impressing docu I've ever seen, Roky Erickson is a legend !!, still get goosebumps when I think of it !!
Back to top Go down

[Doc] You're gonna miss me
Page 1 of 1