Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bunker Palace Hôtel - Enki Bilal (1989)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Bunker Palace Hôtel - Enki Bilal (1989) Empty
PostSubject: Bunker Palace Hôtel - Enki Bilal (1989)   Bunker Palace Hôtel - Enki Bilal (1989) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:36 am

Bunker Palace Hôtel
From Enki Bilal

Bunker Palace Hôtel - Enki Bilal (1989) Affiche

Bunker Palace Hôtel - Enki Bilal (1989) Thimdbci6

Quote :
In an imaginary dictature of a futuristic world, rebellion has broken out. The men in power scramble to the Bunker Palace Hotel, a bunker built long ago for just this kind of contingency. But a rebel spy sneaks in, and although her nature is very quickly suspected, she is left to observe the raving of the decadent power class, who keeps wondering what happened to their leader, who has failed to show up

Great yess
Same director as the more famous and more recent Immortel (ad vitam). I wouldn't have guessed cause it is totally different. Immortel is just a movie with good special effects and a very bad nearly non existent scenario Razz (crap if you ask me) and Bunker Palace Hôtel is a movie with no special effects but a genius work in every other aspects yess
Cause no, that I'm convinced of, you dont need special effect to have a good sci-fi movie. Here you have everything: the futurist ambiance, the robots (played by humans), the appocalyps story... I really like this movie. It is a bit slow from time to time but it didn't bother me at all. I really loved that you dont really know where they are, in which year, who these people really are, you just get a glimps of a moment in time. Strange kaos atmosphere, nice music, brilliant acting and intriguing story.
Defenetly one to discover yess

(and I secretly wished this would have been directed by Jeunet, dont know why, I thought about him a few times during the movie, he would have turned it into a even greater piece)

note8

(Trailer in French but watch it anyway Razz )

Last edited by Chrisy on Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Bunker Palace Hôtel - Enki Bilal (1989) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunker Palace Hôtel - Enki Bilal (1989)   Bunker Palace Hôtel - Enki Bilal (1989) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 2:25 pm

REVIEW OF THE WEEK

Keep them coming.....

..... Yes I will Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114

Bunker Palace Hôtel - Enki Bilal (1989)
Page 1 of 1