Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gandahar - René Laloux (1988)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Gandahar - René Laloux (1988) Empty
PostSubject: Gandahar - René Laloux (1988)   Gandahar - René Laloux (1988) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 3:45 pm

Gandahar (aka Light Years)
From René Laloux

Gandahar - René Laloux (1988) Gandahar_poster

Gandahar - René Laloux (1988) Thimdbci6

Quote :
An evil force from a 1000 years in the future begins to destroy an idyllic paradise, where the citizens are in perfect harmony with nature

Gandahar - René Laloux (1988) Gandahar-vlcsnap-5527823.png

Same maker as Les Maîtres du temps (my review Here) and La Planète sauvage which I also talked about and can be watched Here. A really nice cartoon, beautifull, full of imagination and unic. The particularity of René Laloux's work is that it seems that his imagination has no boundaries, you always enter strange worlds but in the same time it always has a lot of anticipation/sci-fi aspects which makes his work even more interesting to watch. He really is THE 70's/80's master of animation in France. I can't believe that it took me so long to discover his work.
Gandahar is better than Les Maîtres du temps and less good than La Planète sauvage, somewhere in between. It defenetly deserves to be discovered yess
(the music is also nice!)

note8

Gandahar - René Laloux (1988) Jaspercouleurwu9

Quote :
It is a very good anticipation movie. the part describing the lovely and environmental gandahar is wonderful. While renewing a 70's vision of sex, nature and happiness, the colors, sounds and pictures (a young girl offering her breast to a new born invented animal who looks like a tapir, born out of a grown plant). the story: mixing future and past, threatening the present by having itself created in the past, the elements that will be dangerous in the future. It is also a huge criticism of the liability of the human being regarding its evil habit to master the nature, th human body and science. In the end, scientific rubbish save the human beings from a great scientific discovery they made years ago. Happiness is conditioned by assuming one's mistakes. A great philosophical tale. The blue skinned woman with head-wings is very impressive, as well as the very beautiful nude females.

Gandahar - René Laloux (1988) 21596_GANDAHAR-3

(trailer in French)

Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114

Gandahar - René Laloux (1988)
Page 1 of 1