Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Promises (2001)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Promises (2001) Empty
PostSubject: [Doc] Promises (2001)   Promises (2001) Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:05 am

Promises
From Carlos Bolado and B.Z. Goldberg

Promises (2001) PROMISES

Promises (2001) Thimdbci6

Quote :
Several Jewish and Palestinian children are followed for three years and put in touch with each other, in this alternative look at the Jewish-Palestinian conflict. The three filmmakers followed a group of seven local children between 1995 and 1998. They all have a totally different background. These seven children tell their own story about growing up in Jerusalem. Through this portrait of their generation, we see how deep rooted and almost insoluble the problems of the Middle East have become. When the protagonists speak out in an epilogue a couple of years later, it becomes apparent that all have lost their childlike innocence

I have seen quite a few documentaries about this conflict but this is by far the best one yess Simply astonishing and heart breaking!! (I cried verysad and dont recall ever crying while watching a documentary)
The film follows 7 children from Palestin and from Israel. Some of them are very religious jews or Musulmans, some non religious. They are followed in their daily life and are asked to talk about the conflict and to explains their view. At first it is quite a pessimist movie, I mean, you could think that such innonent children could have a different view than the adults and hope for peace, it is not at all like this, they hate each other, the new generation is simply following the last Sad Except maybe 2 twins from Israel, non religious and very mature for their age who talk in the smartest way I have ever heard about the situation (smarter than most adults!). In the end the director will try to convince them all to meet each other, some will refuse but the twins will go to Palestin to meet the other kids, they will become friends for one day.
A very powerful and moving movie! Watch it yess

note9

Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114

Promises (2001)
Page 1 of 1