Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) Empty
PostSubject: The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)   The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 10:44 am

The Day the Earth Stood Still
from Robert Wise

IMDB

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) Day_the_earth_stood_still_1951

Quote :
A flying saucer orbits the 1950s Earth. It lands in Washington, DC, on the Mall. The lone occupant steps out and is shot by a jumpy soldier. Gort, a large and very powerful robot appears to save him and is able to melt tanks with the slightest bit of his power. The wounded alien orders Gort to stop his rampage and is taken to a hospital from which he escapes in order to learn more about this planet, even moving in as a boarder with an Earth family. When they begin to suspect him, he reveals himself, along with the news that Gort is a member of a race of super-robot enforcers invented to keep the peace of the galaxy that will destroy the Earth if provoked

Yes, another sci-fi. I'm in a sci-fi mood these past weeks and thought it was time to discover (or re-discover) some old classic alien

This movie is very good (considering the time it was made). I thought I never saw it but half way through, I actually realized that I saw it when I was 8 or 9 years old.
I really liked it Twisted Evil
It is not boring and that is a plus cause I generally get bored quickly with movies of the 50's. Loved the story, and the effects are nice for that time Razz
I like also the fact that this movie has actually a strong message behind it especially when you consider the international cold war situation in 1951

A classic must see Smile

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) 10

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) EarthStoodStill1
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
zeehond
Edward Penishands
Edward Penishands
zeehond

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)   The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:14 pm

Great movie, saw this one a long time ago, loved it
Back to top Go down

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
Page 1 of 1