Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last Hippie Standing (2002)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Last Hippie Standing (2002) Empty
PostSubject: Last Hippie Standing (2002)   Last Hippie Standing (2002) Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:26 am

Last Hippie Standing

IMDB

Last Hippie Standing (2002) Lhs_cover_klein

Quote :
"Last Hippie Standing" is a video clip style portrait about the hippie generation. Thirty years ago, this was a movement which came to Goa to find something they couldn't find at home. Many returned, a few stayed. Goa, the hippie paradise of the 60's is our point where we start to search for "the last hippies". This former Portuguese colony in the south of India was for many the final destination after adventurous travels through Greece, Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Dreamlike untouched beaches promised to be a new holy land, which was also the spritual basis for Alex Garland's novel "The Beach". After viewing historical Super8 material we started searching for the famous beaches and found a new youth culture which seemed to be similar to the old hippie culture.

Nice docu yess Especially very nice and rare footage from the Goa hippies in the 60's yess
note8

Another one similar I think which i didn't watch yet: ARAMBOL EXPÉRIENCE but more about the today's life of the people in Arambol beach

Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
labrat
Devil’s Advocate
Devil’s Advocate
labrat

PostSubject: Re: Last Hippie Standing (2002)   Last Hippie Standing (2002) Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 7:47 am

YEAH!!! LAST HIPPIE STANDING!!! I watched this one (for the tenth time or so!) yesterday!!! Happy2

this docu is kinda personal for me, because I'm a goatrance freak... ten years ago I shared the Hippie-visions displayed in the docu and all I wanted was to go to Goa... nowadays I am still a weekly hard psytrance partyfreak... but the hippy thoughts have MORE than disapeared!!!

P.L.U.R. Razz

great documentary!!! Hippy Hippy Hippy

if I have to give a score, it would be 10/10... but it would also be VERY VERY subjective! Sooooooooo... I'm not gonna!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
misssans
Enema Killer
Enema Killer
misssans

PostSubject: Re: Last Hippie Standing (2002)   Last Hippie Standing (2002) Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:59 am

Oeh I wanna see this one!

I love goatrance and I always had a fascination with the 60s and 70s! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=11273879
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Hippie Standing (2002)   Last Hippie Standing (2002) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last Hippie Standing (2002)
Page 1 of 1