Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heaven - Tom Tykwer (2002)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Heaven - Tom Tykwer (2002) Empty
PostSubject: Heaven - Tom Tykwer (2002)   Heaven - Tom Tykwer (2002) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:36 am

Heaven
From Tom Tykwer
Writer: Krzysztof Kieslowski

IMDB

Quote :
A woman takes the law into her own hands after police ignore her pleas to arrest the man responsible for her husband's death, and finds herself not only under arrest for murder but falling in love with an officer

Not bad but knowing that this was directed by Tom Tykwer (Perfume, Run Lola Run) and writen by Krzysztof Kieslowski, I must say this is quite a desapointment. I Expected much better. It is like Tykwer is trying to imitate Kieslowski with the slowliness but doesn't quite succeed. The story also is difficult to trully believe, the caracters not really deep. Overall, I found it hard to get attached to these characters and to their story simply because I didn't really believe in their playing and emotions, this looked all very empty to me
Maybe if Krzysztof Kieslowski would have directed it, I would have said something different cause he knew how to make simple story important with a very particular approach to details, lights.... but here, it is all very flat and boring. There I said it!
First half I was about to give a 7, but it slowly lost more and more my interest
Maybe a little plus for the end which is nice and poetic (although again quite difficult to believe!)

note6

Heaven - Tom Tykwer (2002) 38885

Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
toffetomas
Bullet Boy
Bullet Boy
toffetomas

PostSubject: Re: Heaven - Tom Tykwer (2002)   Heaven - Tom Tykwer (2002) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:12 pm

btw: its part of a trilogy kieslowski wrote, but couldnt make.
the 2nd part of the trilogy is L'enfer (the hell) directed by Tanovic.
the 3rd is Nadzieja (purgatory)
Back to top Go down
http://imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=25701639
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: Heaven - Tom Tykwer (2002)   Heaven - Tom Tykwer (2002) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:14 pm

yes, think I would have loved if kieslowski directed it instead, cause he would have done much better I think
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heaven - Tom Tykwer (2002)   Heaven - Tom Tykwer (2002) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heaven - Tom Tykwer (2002)
Page 1 of 1