Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Wicker Man - Robin Hardy (1973)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

The Wicker Man - Robin Hardy (1973) Empty
PostSubject: The Wicker Man - Robin Hardy (1973)   The Wicker Man - Robin Hardy (1973) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 12:44 pm

The Wicker Man
From Robin Hardy

The Wicker Man - Robin Hardy (1973) Page0_blog_entry391_1

IMDB

Quote :
A police sergeant is called to an island village in search of a missing girl whom the locals claim never existed. Stranger still, however, are the rituals that take place there

Excellent yess
At first I thought: ok, it's a scotish thriller from the 70's, it's gona be slow and boring and I probably wont understand their stupid accent Razz
But NO!!! It is really good clapp
Very original, this was totally unexpected, it has that very particular atmosphere, really one of the kind!
It is a thriller about a police man who comes to a scotish Island village to investigate the desapearance of a child. Quite a basic story, only very soon, you realize that these people are strange, in soooo many ways Laughing
I cannot tell more without spoiling it. To summarize it I would say it is a mix between Rosemary's baby and The Monty Python, ha ha ha, yes strange combination Laughing
Lots of humour in it but also many different genres (they are also singing sometimes Laughing ) it makes this movie totally unic

I can only give it a very entousiast 8.5/10

Go watch it now yess

Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114

The Wicker Man - Robin Hardy (1973)
Page 1 of 1